Happy Monday and welcome back to Foodie Freebie Friday! I hope you had a great weekend with some culinary adventures of your own. This week we’re celebrating National Dairy Month with the Midwest Dairy Association. I’m not sure about you, but I couldn’t live without dairy in my diet. I simply need cheese in my life and it’s certainly one of my weaknesses!
Aside from cheese, here are some fun facts about dairy that the Midwest Dairy Association shared with me…
- Milk packs nine essential nutrients at only 25 cents per glass. Many designer drinks, sodas and fruit drinks are high in calories and expensive, which won’t help your wallet or waistline.
- Thought protein is one of the most expensive parts of the diet, dairy foods are one of the most economical sources of protein and calcium, both of which are important for the growth and development of strong bones and teeth.
- A one-ounce serving of hard cheese, like cheddar, contains 8 grams of protein, and an eight-ounce serving of yogurt provides nearly a third of your suggested daily calcium intake.
In honor of National Dairy Month, I’m giving my readers a chance to receive free gallons of milk and a dairy goodie package compliments of the Midwest Dairy Association. The dairy goodie package includes a reusable shopping bag, jump rope, recipe booklets, magnetic fridge pad and 10 VIP coupons for a free gallon of Dean Foods milk! Just think, all that milk can lead to some great ice cream making for the summer! Are you ready to get your dairy on?
– Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States – my apologies to my international readers!
– You must have a valid email address (within your comment or blog link) so that you can be contacted if you win.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
– What’s your favorite dairy product?
Deadline: Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.
ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random.Org’s Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Friday, June 19, 2009. Good luck!