Happy Monday to you! I hope your weekend was a good one and you had some culinary adventures of your own. It’s currently my last day in Beantown and I’m headed back to Chicago tonight. As much as Boston has been fun, there’s no place like home.
Boston: Day 1 – Being on a vacation with girlfriends has kept me from posting much but I did manage to post about our first day in Boston! I’ll be posting more about my weekend soon so stay tuned!
Last week I posted about my fun little popcorn popper, the WhirleyPop. I got quite a few comments from friends who mentioned to me that they don’t have such a gadget and tend to pop their popcorn in a microwave out of convenience. Well, the discussion inspired this week’s foodie freebie I’m giving away…
Perfect for anyone who loves to curl up with a bowl of popcorn and watch movies, this gourmet gift set features the original Whirley-Pop stovetop popcorn popper, which makes up to 6 quarts of theater-style popcorn in just three minutes. The sturdy aluminum pan has a clip-on lid with a stay-cool wooden handle. A turn crank on the handle spins the stainless-steel stirring mechanism, which keeps the corn moving across the bottom of the pan for even heat and oil distribution, ensuring the best popping results. The lid has steam vents to help keep the popcorn dry and crisp, and cleanup is a snap–simply wipe the popper out with a paper towel and store for later use. Three all-inclusive popping kits come included–KettleKorn, Real Theater Popcorn, and Real Theater Less Salt, Less Oil (contains less fat and calories than the original version). A “Secrets to Great Popcorn” guide with instructions and dozens of great-tasting recipes is also included. The popper measures 10 by 17 by 8 inches and carries a 25-year warranty on all moving parts.
- Gourmet gift set with original Whirley-Pop 6-quart stovetop popcorn popper
- Sturdy aluminum pan provides clip-on lid and stay-cool wooden handle
- 3 kits–KettleKorn, Real Theater Popcorn, and Real Theater Less Salt, Less Oil
- Wipe popper out with a paper towel to clean; user manual and recipes included
- Measures 10 by 17 by 8 inches; 25-year warranty on all moving parts
– Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States – my apologies to my international readers!
– You must check back on my blog on Friday to see if you’ve won so you can claim your prize!
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:
– What is your favorite kind of popcorn? Any favorite toppings or flavors?
Deadline: Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.
ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random. Org’s Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Friday, October 23, 2009. Good luck!