My life is pretty predictable these days. I’m usually either at work, daycare, or home during the week. If it’s the weekend, throw in places like the grocery store and church. But despite being predictable, how is it that I feel like I don’t have enough time to get everything I want done? That’s when I look for meals that can be made in advance so I can at least have meals taken care of. These Italian Beef Sliders made for a great meal we had recently and saved me a lot of time. Slow cooked beef is sliced thin and left to simmer in a flavorful broth for hours, then stuffed into soft slider rolls and topped with cheese. If this doesn’t make you hungry, at least think about how much time you’ll save from slaving in the kitchen to make this!…
Italian Beef Sliders
recipe adapted from Tidy Mom
- 3 pounds rolled rump roast
- 1 packet Lipton Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the onion soup packet, spices and garlic with water in roasting pan.
- Add roast to pan and roll roast around in pan to cover with seasonings.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove roast from oven. Cool completely. Remove roast and juices from pan.
- Wrap roast in foil and pour juices into a container, place both in the refrigerator over night (or a minimum of several hours).
- The following day, remove roast from refrigerator and slice paper thin with a meat slicer or by hand. its important to slice the roast cold and firm.
- Place sliced meat in slow cooker.
- Pour juices over sliced meat and add another 2 cups of water.
- Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve warm in buns and with cheese if desired.