I love the cool fall days where I’m wrapped up in a warm sweater. Even better is when dinner is cooking all day and I can focus on my time on other things that need to get done! This classic Beef Roast dinner was made in a crockpot out of convenience and can easily be prepped the night before if needed.
There are no frills with this recipe and it’s pretty straight forward. Did I mention that leftovers (if you have any at all) are especially good the day after?!
Crockpot Beef Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
3-4 pound Beef Roast
1-2 cups beef stock
2 large Russet Potatoes, cut into cubes
1 large onion, cut into medium chunks
3 carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon of sea salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
1. Gather ingredients.
2. Mix together the garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and ground pepper in a small bowl, divide into two equal portions. Massage one portion of the spice rub over the beef.
3. Place the beef into the crockpot and pour 1 cup beef stock around the beef roast.
4. Add the vegetables to the crock pot and sprinkle the second portion of spice rub.
5. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Add more beef stock throughout cooking if necessary
6. Remove the beef roast from the crockpot and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before shredding the roast. Serve with the vegetables; Store leftovers in refrigerator.