When it comes to Halloween candy, I’m most excited about the candy sales after all trick or treaters have had their fill. This is when I stock up on candy faves to use in holiday cookies and cakes. This time, I purposely grabbed a few extra chocolate peanut butter cups so I can use them to make this Instant Pot: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake.
My husband LOVES his Reese’s peanut butter cups so I can be make sure I grab what I need for baking purposes before he gets his hands on the candy. This cheesecake is certainly decadent so you’ve been warned!
Instant Pot: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter softened
24 oz cream cheese softened
2 cup brown sugar
¼ cup sour cream
3 large eggs
⅔ cup peanut butter
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
3 oz dark chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Icing
1 cup peanut butter
½ cup sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
¼ cup milk
12-15 mini peanut butter cups (optional)
1. Cut a circle of parchment paper the size of the bottom of your springform pan. Place into bottom of pan and spray paper and sides of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add chocolate graham cracker crumbs and sugar to a medium bowl.
3. Add butter and mix by hand until the consistency of wet sand.
4. Scoop graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom and up the sides about 1-inch. Place crust into freezer while making filling.
1. Using a mixer, mix cream cheese, brown sugar and sour cream until thoroughly combined.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add peanut butter, mixing well until creamy.
4. In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, combine chocolate chips and cream. Microwave for 20 seconds at 50-percent power. Stir and continue heating in 5-second intervals until melted.
5. Pour half of the cheesecake filling into crust. Drizzle half of the chocolate across the surface of filling and pull a butter knife or skewer through to form a swirl. Pour second half of filling over swirled filling. Add second half of chocolate and make another swirl over top.
6. Cover cheesecake with foil, sealing edges.
7. Add 1½ cups of water into bottom of instant pot. Set cheesecake on trivet and lower into instant pot. Seal according to your instant pot directions and set to 45 minutes at high pressure.
8. When time is over, let sit for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure and remove cheesecake. Remove foil from cheesecake. Allow to cool for one hour, then refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
Peanut Butter Icing
1. Mix peanut butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add milk to thin to desired consistency.
2. Using piping tip of choice, pipe around edge of cheesecake (I used a #4B). Add mini peanut butter cups around edge.