Gone are the days of boring and unhealthy dinners. With salmon crudo recipe you can enjoy a healthy, low-calorie meal that also tastes delicious. Salmon crudo is an Italian-style dish prepared with fresh raw salmon. It’s a simple recipe that can be prepared in minutes, which makes it a great option for busy weeknights or quick meals for friends and family alike. The key to making salmon crudo delicious is to buy the freshest salmon you can find. This article will teach you all you need to know about making a delicious salmon crudo, plus helpful tips and tricks to make it even tastier. So read on, and get ready to start making this delicious and healthful dish!
What is Salmon Crudo?
Salmon crudo is an Italian-style dish made from raw salmon. It is marinated in a combination of olive oil, lemon, garlic, and herbs and spices, and served up cold as a starter, lunch, or light dinner. Salmon crudo is a healthy meal, as the raw salmon contains high amounts of both omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, both of which are essential for a healthy diet. It can also be made quickly and easily, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
What You Need to Make Salmon Crudo
To make a delicious salmon crudo dish, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 lb of fresh, wild-caught salmon
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill
Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry. Place the salmon fillets on a plate and season with the sea salt and black pepper. Rub the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs onto the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop. Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and slice into thin strips. Serve with a side of fresh lemon wedges.
Tips for Making Salmon Crudo That Tastes Great
– When buying salmon, always choose fresh, wild-caught salmon. Farmed salmon tends to be higher in fat and doesn’t have the same flavor as wild-caught salmon.
– If you want to add even more flavor to your salmon crudo, try marinating it overnight in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs.
– For a deeper flavor experience, try substituting the olive oil for sesame oil or roasted garlic oil.
– For a more potently flavored salmon crudo, try adding a pinch of chili flakes to the marinade.
– To bulk up the meal, serve with a side of brown or wild rice, quinoa, or a green vegetable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What other ingredients can I use to make salmon crudo?
You can use any herbs or spices you like, such as oregano, dill, basil, tarragon, thyme, chili flakes, or smoked paprika. You can also substitute the olive oil for other types of oil, such as sesame or roasted garlic oil.
2. What is the best way to prepare the salmon for the crudo?
The trick to making a delicious and flavorful salmon crudo is to buy the freshest salmon you can find and season it with salt and pepper before marinating. You can also marinate it overnight if you have time.
3. How do you know when the salmon crudo is done?
The salmon should be cooked through with an internal temperature of 145°F. You can also use a fish thermometer if you would like to check for doneness that way.
4. How should I store leftover salmon crudo?
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. Is salmon crudo healthy?
Yes, salmon crudo is a healthy dish that is full of disease-fighting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. It is also low in calories and high in protein.
6. Can I make salmon crudo for a crowd?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to serve a larger group. Just make sure you cook the salmon to the correct temperature and that everyone has access to freshly made salmon crudo.
4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 small red chile, thinly sliced (optional)
Sliced fresh chives, for garnish
1.Cut salmon fillets, crosswise, into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt.
2.In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Drizzle over the salmon.
3.Garnish with sliced red chile (if using) and chives.
If desired, use lime juice and zest in place of the lemon for a variation.
Feel free to use any type of fish with this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Halal
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200 kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: Salmon Crudo, Italian Cuisine, No cooking, , , ,