Are you looking for the tastiest, most delicious, and easy-to-make Nam Jim sauce? Look no further! This incredible dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave your guests impressed. Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a seasoned chef, this sauce will please even the pickiest of palates. In this article, we’ll dive into how to make the perfect Nam Jim sauce as well as what to serve it with. So, let’s get started!
What is Nam Jim Sauce?
Nam Jim is a type of Thai dipping sauce that is made with a combination of lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, chilies, and herbs. It is usually served with dishes like Spring rolls, Satays, Prawns, and other seafood dishes. It is often used as an accompaniment to fried dishes to enhance their flavor and add a bit of spicy kick.
What You’ll Need to Make Nam Jim Sauce
– ½ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
– 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (make sure to check the ingredients for gluten-free options)
– 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
– 2 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro
– 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped mint leaves
– 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped basil leaves
What to Serve With It
Nam Jim sauce is most commonly served with fried dishes like Satays, Spring Rolls, or Prawns. It also pairs well with salads and soups. Make sure to give your guests a taste of the Nam Jim sauce in order for them to really appreciate the flavor of the dish.
Why Is Nam Jim Sauce So Popular?
Nam Jim sauce is so popular because of its unique flavor. The combination of spicy, sour, salty, and sweet makes it perfect for any dish. It also adds a depth of flavor that can’t be found in other sauces. Finally, it is super easy to make with only a few ingredients and takes no time at all.
How to Store
Nam Jim sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week. Make sure to give it a good stir before using it as the ingredients may separate in the refrigerator.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Perfect Nam Jim Sauce
1. Make sure to use freshly squeezed lime juice for maximum flavor.
2. To make the sauce spicier, add more chopped chilies or use a hotter variety.
3. Use a blender or food processor to blend the ingredients together for a smoother texture.
4. Add a splash of coconut milk to give the sauce a creamy texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I serve Nam Jim sauce with?
Nam Jim sauce can be served with fried dishes like Satays, Spring Rolls, or Prawns. It also pairs well with salads and soups.
2. How long does Nam Jim sauce last in the refrigerator?
Nam Jim sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
3. Can I make Nam Jim sauce spicier?
Yes, to make the sauce spicier, add more chopped chilies or use a hotter variety.
4. How do I incorporate more flavor into the sauce?
You can add a splash of coconut milk to give the sauce a creamy texture. Additionally, you can add a bit of honey or brown sugar to give it more sweetness.
5. Can I make Nam Jim sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to one week.
6. Are there any vegan/vegetarian alternatives to Nam Jim sauce?
Yes, alternatively you can make the sauce using vegetarian/vegan friendly ingredients such as olive oil, tamari and vegan Worcestershire sauce.
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 shalots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons water
In a bowl, combine fish sauce, garlic, shalots, ginger, palm sugar, ground coriander, and red chili flakes.
Whisk in lime juice and water, stirring until all the ingredients are combined.
Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
Serve the nam jim sauce with your favourite dishes, such as grilled chicken, fish cakes, and steamed vegetables.
Add more chili flakes to make the sauce spicier.
You can also add a tablespoon of tamarind paste to give the sauce a sour kick.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: No cooking
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Halal
Keywords: Nam Jim Sauce, Thai Cuisine, Spicy Sauce, , , ,