Onions: 1 large (around 200 grams), finely chopped
All-purpose flour: 1/4 cup (approximately 30 grams)
Sour Cream or smântână: 1 cup (approximately 240 ml)
Vegetable broth or water: 4 cups (around 950 ml)
Salt: to taste
Pepper: to taste
Fresh dill: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
Olive oil: 2 tablespoons (approximately 30 ml)
Optional: White wine: 1/4 cup (approximately 60 ml)
- Prepare the Ingredients: Start by washing the mushrooms thoroughly. Slice them evenly and set aside. Also, chop the onions finely.
- Saute the Onions: In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté them until translucent.
- Cook the Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot. Let them cook until they release their moisture. This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- Flour Power: Sprinkle the all-purpose flour over the mushrooms and onions, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the Broth: Slowly pour in the vegetable broth or water, continuing to stir to prevent lumps from forming.
- Simmer Away: Let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing it to thicken. If using, add the optional white wine at this stage for extra flavor.
- Creamy Goodness: Stir in the sour cream or smântână and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Season and Garnish: Add salt, pepper, and finely chopped dill to taste. Give it one final stir.
- Serve Hot: Serve the Ciulama de Ciuperci hot, ideally in a deep bowl to enjoy the creamy sauce to the fullest.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: Ciulama de Pui