- A pound of sliced white mushrooms
- 0.25 cups of non-dairy butter or olive oil
- A quarter cup of all-purpose flour
- Four cups of vegetable or mushroom broth
- Half a teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Four cups of mushroom broth (or any other vegetable broth)
- Take a pan and heat the oil on medium.
- Then, add the mushrooms and season them with a pinch of salt.
- Let the mushrooms simmer and keep occasionally stirring for about fifteen minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the flour, and continue cooking the gravy for at least three to five minutes or until the flour has been absorbed while it is not white anymore.
- Pour a cup of broth and keep stirring and whisking briskly until the liquid is thick. Keep in mind that there should be no lumps of flour, and this should take around five minutes.
- Pour the remaining broth and mix it all well. Also, season it with some thyme and black pepper.
- Then, simmer the gravy over a gentle boil over medium or low heat until it is thick, which will take around twenty minutes. Make sure that you often stir during this time.
- The gravy will thicken as it stands, and you can even add more salt and pepper if that is what you need for more flavor.
- Finally, it is time to serve the gravy with the dishes of your choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 82 kcal
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 275.6 mg
- Protein: 0.7 g