After spending practically my whole day off in the kitchen, I wanted something quick and easy for dinner. So with a couple chicken breasts and some spices, we had a nice meal of sweet & spicy chicken.
Because of its relatively low cost among meats, chicken is one of the most used meats in the world. Nearly all parts of the bird can be used for food, and the meat is cooked in many different ways around the world.
The recipe I started with was one from AllRecipes.com. However, I was in the mood for something that had a touch of sweetness. Given this, I adapted the recipe for Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken to make my own Sweet & Spicy Chicken.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Recipe
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Recipe Instructions
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices.
- Flatten your chicken breasts with a meat mallet to allow for even cooking.
- Coat both sides of flattened chicken breasts with the spice mixture generously.
- In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Continue cooking stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.
I served this with a sour cream & chive baked potato and sweet & spicy buttered corn cobbettes. (I used the same sweet & spicy spice mix to make an flavored butter for the corn.)