- 1–2 lbs pork (or beef)
- 8 cups of water
- your choice of green veggies – cabbage, asparagus, green beans, spinach
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- In a dutch oven or pot, add pork.
- Cover with water and let boil until cooked.
- Drain pork and run through cold water to rid of the “residue”.
- Place pork back in clean pot and cover with water.
- Add 1 package of sinigang soup base.
- Add tomatoes, garlic & onions.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Depending on which vegetables you use, add the veggies that take longer to cook first.
- Reduce heat and allow veggies to cook through.
- Remove from heat and add other veggies on top.
- Cover and let steam to cook.
- Stir before serving over rice or eat as a soup.