- Four salmon fillets of 6oz, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Three minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 and a half cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- Half cup heavy cream
- Two cups of baby spinach
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley or basil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Take a large skillet and keep it on medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the oil starts shimmering, be sure to add the salmon to the skillet with the skin upwards.
- Cook until it is deep golden, which will take around six minutes.
- Flip the salmon over and cook for two minutes more, then transfer it to a plate.
- Reduce the heat and then add the butter to the pan.
- When the butter melts, add the garlic and cook until the skillet is fragrant, which will take around a minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and also season them with some pepper and salt.
- Keep cooking until the tomatoes start to burst, and then add the spinach.
- Keep cooking till the spinach starts wilting.
- Stir in the heavy cream, herbs, and parmesan, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to the lowest temperature and then simmer it till the sauce is reduced, which will take three minutes.
- Return the salmon back to the skillet until it is cooked, which will take three minutes.
- Garnish with herbs and squeeze some lemon on the top before you serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 840 kcal
- Fat: 74 g
- Saturated Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 189 mg