It’s been ages since my husband and I have been to a bar party, so tonight we are heading out to Mix.
Mix’s Vibe: Flashy meets chill lounge-club and live music venue, designed by buzz-worthy architect Jeremiah Johnson.
Mix’s Space: Sliding glass doors open right onto Halsted and the side courtyard, so take your pick and enter via the front or the side. Grab a drink at the wood-topped bar or settle into one of the comfy leather chairs that cluster around dark wood tables dotted with candles. In the back of the space and past a short hallway, a larger area full of exposed brick, drapes and private seating areas serves as a nightclub and performance venue.
There will be 2 buffets tonight, one of appetizers and one of more substantial fare. The amount served will be enough for something in between a snack and a full dinner. Here is what’s on the menu:
– Vegetable and pork pot stickers
– Grape tomato and fresh mozzarella skewers with basil oil
– Assorted thin crust grilled pizzas: sausage, pesto, spinach & tomato
– Roasted vegetable lasagna (eggplant, yellow and green squash, & red peppers)
– Grilled balsamic chicken breast
– Roast herbed potatoes
– Roast vegetables (squash, eggplant, carrots, and onions)
The best part about this night out… it’s only $10 cover including food, 2 drinks and dj in a private room!!