It can’t be a halloween party unless my guests get a little trick or treat! I made some spice pumpkin fudge for friends to take home. It was super easy to make and has the delicious flavor of spiced pumpkin in a creamy texture. I found this recipe online through Libby’s site. This was the first time I ever used marshmallow “fluff” to make fudge and I thought it really added a nice soft and creamy texture to the fudge. One thing I did differently from the original recipe was to use Wilton candy melts in place of the white chocolate chips. I used one package of Wilton’s candy melts in the orange color. Using the orange colored candy melts added additional color to the fudge. This would make for a nice treat for the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays too!
recipe adapted from Libby
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) canned evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips or Wilton’s orange candy melts
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
LINE 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
COMBINE sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and spice in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240º F (soft-ball stage).