With a busy schedule juggling both a full time and part-time job, there’s one thing that I look forward to most nights of the week… and that’s dinner. Having dinner with my family is a special time where we can sit around the table, talk about our day over a delicious meal. With my busy schedule, I often look towards recipes that can be made quickly and easily, using fresh and wholesome ingredients. And the key to having the right things on hand in my kitchen comes down to making smart choices while in the grocery store.
Buying produce has been easy during the summer months with the farmers markets and beautiful fruits and vegetables readily available. What I find a bit trickier is finding quality protein and meats. Chicken is a staple ingredient at our house where I often make chicken dishes for a handful of meals each week. So when I’m at the store, I reach for Tyson® Fresh Chicken. It’s the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, because it’s:
– All natural* with no added hormones or steroids.**
– Arrives at the store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm.
– And Tyson has a heritage of producing chicken where they have been raised by family farmers for over 75 years.
I especially appreciate how each piece of Tyson Fresh Chicken is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort. Some specific cuts I often purchase include:
• Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
• Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
• Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
With a variety of chicken available, I sometimes draw a blank on what to prepare. And when I get it in recipe rut, I love that Tyson Fresh Chicken also offers helpful tools and resources to make meal planning easy. I’ve found some great recipes at PickTysonFresh.com!
Tyson is a brand that is wholesome and family-friendly. Their corporate tagline states “Bringing Families Together™”. Tyson Foods is a company made up of real people – moms and dads, husbands and wives, neighbors and friends. Every day they strive to make good food they feel good about serving their families and consumers can feel good about serving to their own. And with a brand promise like that, I certainly feel good about using Tyson Fresh Chicken to feed my family. Here’s a recent recipe I prepared using Tyson Fresh Chicken Breasts which is simple and perfect for a weeknight or even for company!
recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 TysonBoneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil together. Add garlic and shallots, sautéing until fragrant, followed by the seasoned chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir in chicken broth and sherry wine, cooking for about 2-3 minutes to warm through.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until softened.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Add the spinach, tossing to coat and wilt the spinach down.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine with the ingredients and coat with sauce.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26.
Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!