Patrick and I have been so busy lately but I love that we are never too busy to schedule date nights together each week. We enjoy checking out restaurants to try out new offerings, learn about new restaurant concepts and above all, enjoy great food! Here is a round up of recent places we’ve visited and things we’ve tried. Perhaps you’re due for a visit to one of these places yourself!…
Growing up, I remember enjoying visits to our local Bakers Square restaurant with my dad. It was such a treat for him to take us out and enjoy a slice of their pie. We recently visited Bakers Square and it still has the same comfortable feel, only now with a more modern and updated look! Bakers Square started to remodel their locations with a new color scheme and it looks fantastic. Looks aside, the food is still wonderful, if not better too! They have upped their game and some of the new offerings we had the opportunity to try included their savory pot roast, chicken pot pie, Crush burgers, and their turkey tetrazzini bake of their ‘Bakers Bundle’ combo meal, We also got a taste of their Country Benedict from their brunch menu, which is available on the weekend until 2pm.
If you don’t know this yet, you can enjoy a FREE Slice of Pie with any menu item purchase from open until close on Wednesdays! Choose from more than 25 varieties of Bakers Square pies to enjoy with your meal for FREE. Bakers Square’s irresistible selections include:
- Country Apple: Sliced apples, sweetened and spiced with cinnamon.
- Banana Cream: Fresh ripe bananas, fresh whipped cream with sliced almonds.
- Blueberry: One of Bakers Square’s all-time favorites, bursting with plump, refreshing blueberries
- Cherry: With juicy, tart, red cherries.
- Coconut Cream: Coconut folded into our rich vanilla cream.
- French Apple: Our traditional apple filling with a rich butter crumb topping
- Lemon Meringue: Light, fluffy meringue that sits on top of an irresistible tangy lemon filling
- Peach: Made with delicately seasoned, sun-ripened free stone peaches.
- Pumpkin: A seasonal favorite that’s loved year-round.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar recently launch their new late night happy hour – 8 for $9’ til 10 , featuring delicious items like savory Ahi Tuna Tacos for just $9 from in addition to some great cocktails. When we went, we were impressed with the various options on the 8-9-10 menu. We enjoyed the following items that were not only delicious but were generous portions for a nice tapas feel…
We definitely will be back as we only tried half of the menu… and that was plenty for us to split and share between the two of us! If you thought Fleming’s was just a place for fine steaks and wine, think again… this is a perfect place for friends, date or even a happy hour with coworkers after a long day. They make a steakhouse approachable with tapas style menus to pick and choose from while being affordable!