Fridays are what my family looks forward to the most because it means its the end of the work week and the weekend is ahead! Another reason is because my son has dubbed it ‘Pig Out Fridays’ because we come up with a dinner menu of some of our restaurant favorites or junk food lol.
One of our favorite ‘Pig Out Friday’ meals are chicken wings made in an air fryer. They come out so crispy and flavorful… in a short amount of time and without a deep fryer! My 10 year old son loves helping out in the kitchen and this is a recipe he can easily do himself too.
2 pounds chicken drummettes/wings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt & pepper to your tastes
1 cup Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauce
1. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Thaw chicken if frozen and pat dry. Please chicken in a medium bowl; add olive oil and toss to coat.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder to combine. Add spice mixture to chicken and toast to coat thoroughly.
3. Remove the air fryer tray from preheated air fryer. Lightly grease with cooking spray and add coated chicken. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Secure the tray back into the air fryer and cook chicken at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the chicken and return to air frying. After an additional 5 minutes, remove the chicken from the air fryer tray and transfer to a large bowl. Add the Frank’s buffalo sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.
5. Using tongs, place the coated chicken back on the air fryer tray and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the sauce has glazed.
6. Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with your choice of sauce and garnishes.