Berries are the ultimate snack at our house. They’re healthy, colorful and are practically guilt free! I’m especially excited that blueberry season is in full force in Michigan and I’ll be taking a trip soon to stock up. In the meantime, I’ve been taking advantage of all the fresh fruit on sale at the grocery stores as well as from farmers markets lately. My dad, who LOVES cheesecake, requested a special dessert so I had to oblige. This one is full of fruit, using both raspberry and blackberry jams that are swirled into the batter. If that wasn’t enough, I had to adorn it with a mixture of fresh berries!
Instant Pot: Summer Berry Cheesecake
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
8 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 -8 ounce packages cream cheese (24 ounces total)
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup raspberry jam
½ cup blackberry jam
¼ cup butter, softened
4 ounce ream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups blueberries (approx. depending on how much is added as garnish)
1½ cups raspberries (approx. depending on how much is added as garnish)
1 cup blackberries (approx. depending on how much is added as garnish)
1. Gather all crust ingredients.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar until it resembles the consistency of wet sand.
3. Cut a piece of parchment paper to the size of the bottom of your 7-8 inch
cheesecake pan. Fit the paper into the bottom of the pan and lightly spray the
paper and sides of the pan. Press crust mixture onto the bottom and about ¾ inches up the sides of the pan. Place crust in the freezer while preparing the filling.
1. Gather all filling ingredients.
2. Add all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix the cream cheese flour and sugar on low speed until thoroughly combined. Add the sour cream, continuing to mix on low speed until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Have the 2 different jams ready.
5. Pour ⅓ of the batter into your pan. Spoon the raspberry jam on the top and
swirl in with a spoon or butter knife.
6. Pour another ⅓ of the batter on top of this. Spoon the blackberry jam on top and swirl.
7. Pour the remainder of the filling on top.
8. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, sealing the edges. Place 1½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place cheesecake on the trivet and lower into the pot. Seal according to your pot directions and set for 45 min.
9. Carefully remove cheesecake from the pot. Transfer to a serving plate and remove from cheesecake pan; allow to rest while you make the icing.
1. Combine cream cheese and butter and mix on medium speed until light and
creamy. Add vanilla and mix.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar on low speed, mixing until fluffy.
4. Scrap sides of bowl and ensure all powdered sugar has been incorporated.
5. Frost top of cheesecake with icing.
6. Add berries in a ring pattern as you like. Chill for at least 4-hours or overnight before serving.