- 1 box (about 15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (about 3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 48-well mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. Most mini muffin pans have either 24 or 48 wells. If you use a 24-well mini muffin pan, plan to make 2 few batches to use up all of the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, butter, and eggs.
- With an electric mixer until it forms a soft dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoons into the greased mini muffin cups (you will need to make a total of 36 evenly sized cookie cups). Do not overfill the muffin cups; they should each be no more than 2/3 full of cookie dough. Bake the cookie cups at 350F for 9-10 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and instant vanilla pudding mix. Set aside. The milk is used to “bloom” the vanilla pudding mix to prepare it for the filling. The result will be a very thick pudding.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 cup of the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spoon the vanilla pudding mixture into the whipped cream.
- Beat the vanilla pudding mixture and whipped cream with the mixer until well combined. Scoop the vanilla cream into a gallon size zip top bag; zip closed and cut one corner off of the bag to create a piping bag.
- Remove the cookie cups from the oven. While still hot, use the end of a wooden spoon or a mini tart shaper to press into the center of each cookie to form a well.
- Allow the cookie cups to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, pipe the cream mixture into the center indentation of each cookie cup.
- Allow the cookie cups to set on the wire rack.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream and the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Alternately, you can melt on the stovetop.
- Microwave for 15 seconds on high; stir well, then microwave again for 15 seconds. Stir the chocolate mixture well until it becomes thick and glossy.
- Spoon a small amount of the chocolate onto the top of each cookie cup. Serve the cookie cups immediately or refrigerate for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10