The following recipe was prepared for our Filipino Fiesta event. You can view details of the event HERE.
Lumpiang Shanghai (Pork Eggrolls)
Lumpiang Shanghai (Pork Eggrolls) Ingredients
- 2 lb ground pork
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- ¼ c. minced green onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg. lumpia or eggroll wrappers, halved diagonally (into triangles)
Lumpiang Shanghai (Pork Eggrolls) Recipe Instructions
- Mix ground pork, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, salt and pepper together in a bowl. In separate bowl, scramble the egg. Separate the lumpia/eggroll wrappers apart and keep in plastic bag or covered with damp towel to prevent drying out.
- To roll lumpias: Place the wrapper with the long end of triangle close to you and long corner opposite of you and place a teaspoonful close to long part of edge, then fold left and right corners in, now start rolling tightly (like rolling a cigarette) towards the corner (away from you) and dip your finger into egg mixture and place a dab on the corner prior to closing completely.
- Repeat until all wrappers or mixtures are gone. Lay in a single layer to dry out. Placing them on top of each other will result in them sticking together… not good!
- In a Deep fryer or deep frying pan, place enough oil to cover lumpias, and fry until lumpias are golden brown. Drain and serve hot & crispy with sweet & sour sauce.