Mardi Gras is one of those holidays I would love to experience in New Orleans. I’ve visited New Orleans a couple years ago during the month of August (which is NOT the best time to go with the crazy heat and humidity). Someday, I hope to take a trip with my husband in the early spring to enjoy all the sights, sounds and especially the flavors!
This is by no means anything close to ribs found in New Orleans, but it is one quick and easy way to take care of any Cajun food cravings. Everything goes into the crockpot and you can use your preferred Cajun seasoning. I’m partial to Tony Cachere but there are many brands out there that work just as well.
Crockpot BBQ Cajun Ribs
- 1 Rack Ribs
- Bbq Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning (Tony Cachere)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
1. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
2. Smother the ribs in Cajun seasoning.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Place the rack in the crockpot, bending the rack so it fits.
Cook on low for 8hrs.
5. Once done, brush BBQ sauce on the rack of ribs. Place on baking sheet & broil in oven for 3 minutes to caramelize the sauce.
6. Serve & enjoy!