- One pound of thinly sliced flank steak
- Two tbsp. of divided vegetable oil
- Four cups of mixed vegetables
- Two tbsp. of cornstarch
To make the stir fry sauce, you will need these ingredients:
- One tsp. of minced ginger
- Three cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- Three tbsp. of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- One tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. of sesame oil
- Season the steak using pepper and salt.
- Toss the seasoned steak with the cornstarch and set it aside.
Put one tablespoon of oil inside a pan.
Cook the steak in two small batches over medium-high heat until it is brown. So, this will take between two and three minutes, and you don’t need to cook the beef completely at this point. Then, remove the beef from the pan and set it aside.
- Take a pan, add the vegetables to it, and cook them until they are crispy yet tender. So, this will take between four and five minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set them aside.
Take all the ingredients for the sauce and combine them, except the cornstarch.
Put the sauce ingredients in a pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Then, bring the sauce to a simmer.
Add the cornstarch with three tablespoons of broth or water and keep adding it to the sauce little by little while you whisk them together. Then, keep whisking it until you have reached the consistency you desire.
Let everything simmer for two minutes.
Add the beef and the vegetables to the pan and cook them until they are completely cooked.
- Your stir dry is ready, and you can serve it with rice or noodles of your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 242 kcal
- Sodium: 343 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 27 g